cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bustamanteverde
A-List Star

Sad phone specials for current customers

Many companies do this, they offer great deals to new customers and current loyal customers get the low end,  it is so infuriating. I have been with cricket for years now and now that I want to upgrade I have to pay 549.99 + 25.00 for a Galaxy S9  if I was a new number/customer I would pay 274.99 + 25.00 what is the problem here? I see no deals for loyal current customers. I may consider switching carriers since this is really upsetting since phones are so expensive these days.

6 Replies

Re: Sad phone specials for current customers

@bustamanteverde Do you ask your cable provider for a new TV every year or your internet company for a cheap laptop? Cricket actually has some pretty good deals from time to time for upgrades. If they offered the same discounts to everyone they would have to raise prices on the plans which I know I don't want. I personally but used phones on Ebay and activate them. You can usually find some pretty good deals. I also use the refer a friend to get the max credits ($250) every year. 

0 Kudos
bustamanteverde
A-List Star

That is a bad analogy, no cable provider provides TV or laptops. What I feel is lack of customer respect for being a loyal customer for years and years. Why should a new customer receive more than half off a new phone? and a customer of over 5 years have to pay nearly full price? Do you see the issue? I do not want a new phone every year but when it is time to upgrade and you the deals are pitiful that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Cricket did not offer any decent deals for my upgrade so I had to go to Samsung directly and buy a cell from them on a monthly payment plan, would rather had went through cricket. 

Highlighted
PoboyProphet
Walk of Fame

@bustamanteverde Does any other prepaid phone service provider give deep discounts or free devices to customers that arent switching over to a new service or have been customers for a long time? 

0 Kudos

@bustamanteverde I think it is pretty comparable. They all provide a service (TV, Internet, wireless) and you need a device to use the service. All providers use incentives to get new customers which create monthly revenue. By giving existing customers a deep discount they don't gain anything in return. Therefore, if they offered deep discounts to existing customers they would need to raise monthly rate plan prices. 

0 Kudos
peewee5001
Award Winning Star

I agree with this question. I do not understand why my business is not valued the same as a new customer.
0 Kudos
fjooisk
Paparazzi

Do you ask your cable provider for a new TV every year or your internet company for a cheap laptop?

0 Kudos