cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWBierbaum
Superstar

Re: Wi-Fi Connection Issue

In settings, under wi-fi, in the list of available wi-fi networks, you will find "Cricket Wi-Fi Manager". Select it, and uncheck the checkbox.  Your wi-fi will stop being tinkered with by Cricket's over-aggressive "management".

Also, in MyCricket, if you hit the sprocket icon in the upper right corner, scroll down the resulting list, till you find "Cricket Wireless Management" under "Device Settings"  Disable it, and you're done.

ZRated
Fan

Ok but this disables the manager and won't connect to Wifi at all. So how is this fixing my connection to my router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DWBierbaum
Superstar

It should still connect to Wi-Fi just fine.  Mine does.  All the Cricket Manager does is steal the managagement from Android.

Question: Does the Wi-Fi list (where you disabled the Cricket wifi manager) still have the list of all the wifi spots in range, including yours?  If so, then just try restarting the phone, and connect to your wireless network by tapping on it in the list (if it hasn't connected automatically already) and seeing if it connects or takes you to the setup/password settings.  If it takes you to the settings page and asks for the wi-fi password, then just enter the password and it should connect from there.

0 Kudos
bikeamtn
A-List Star

I think that's where your losing the plaintiff looking for help. They use the Cricket WiFi Manager because they don't know how to setup and manage WiFi connections on their own. 

Some expert general background: Mobile Cellular Devices have 4 to 5 different antennas.

- Cellular, such as; CDMA, TDMA or GSM (and their many frequencies in MHz and data technologies as; EV-DO. Edge, LTE, 4G, 3G)

- WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a,b,g,n)

- Bluetooth (IEEE 802.15.1)

- NFC (Near-Field-Communication)

- GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS)

All five of these antennas can work independently of each other and consume lot's of battery power. If you have a tendency to ignore them and just let them rule over your phone unmanaged, you're just asking for a mess of trouble. The connected world of Internet providers, marketers and data-brokers will love these care-free, naive, unsuspecting consumers so be vigilant, its a 'digital wild west' out there.

Cheers - bikeamtn

otbbob
Fan

I just removed the Cricket app and mine has been perfect ever since. It was getting very frustrating. 

I have same phone also. Mine keeps getting disconnected from wifi also.
0 Kudos

I have tried that as well and mine still won't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I'm glad it worked for your phones but it's not working for others.
0 Kudos

Ive done that and im sure others have since that's the advice cricket gives. Doesn't work. Wi-Fi still disconnects every 5 minutes. I'm glad it worked for your phone's but it's not working for others.
0 Kudos

I've done it and so have others since that's what cricket says to do and it still doesn't stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I'm glad it fixed your phone's but it's not working for other people's.
0 Kudos

After multiple calls to cricket tech support and a trip to local retail store still issues😬 dropping Wi-Fi even when less than 2 feet my own from modem. This is an android issue across the board with cricket. My hubby has Verizon which I have no good comments about but his android isn't have g the issues so may sadly have to consider leaving cricket even though love them. With snow about to fly in Pa and poor signal where I live back to a land line phone at home this is rediculous and very I convenient expense we can not afford. When is this issue going to be resolved is the question? Cricket may end up with a mass exodus of customers that would really rather the issue be fixed so we can stay as loyal customers.
0 Kudos