cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wi-Fi Connection Issue

I have the LG Stylo 3...
I have been having Wi-Fi connection issues for the past 2 weeks now. Here is the issue...

I connect to my homes 2G - Wi-Fi then About 5 minutes later my phone disconnects from the Wi-Fi & disables it. Also, for some unknown reason I am no longer able to connect to my 5G - Wi-Fi. It doesn't even come up as a option anymore. I have called my internet provider to see if the issue was with them, everything is working on their end so it the issue has to be with cricket or the manufacturer. Ugh....
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Moderator Rank

Re: Wi-Fi Connection Issue

Hey there. Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for your post! If your phone is under 1 year old with no damage you may qualify for a warranty exchange. You can view more information here: https://www.cricketwireless.com/content/aio/en/support/orders-and-activations/warranty/customer/warr...

0 Kudos
Lizalico
Marv

Dawn Marie85, you're not alone. Ever since the software update on the Cool Pad Canvas I have, my phone does all types of crazy things and constantly being disconnected from wifi is one of the many issues. This is my second phone I've purchased in the last 6 1/2 months and both started having troubles after the automatic software update. I'm almost done with Cricket.
citapinc
Pippa

I got the Samsung Halo phones for my kids and they all kept complaining that their WiFi keeps turning off and burning through their mobile data.  After doing some tests I think I found the culprit.

The MyCricket app comes with a Cricket Wifi Manager which is designed to turn the wifi on to save mobile data.  However I believe this app is causing the wifi driver to crash which turns off the wifi and reverts back to mobile data.

Once I disabled the Cricket WiFi Manager, their wifi has been stable and hasn't dropped yet.

To turn off the Cricket WiFi manager, you swipe down from the top,then tap and hold the WIFI icon.  This should put you into the WiFi Settings page.  On that page you should see the Cricket WiFi Manger.  Tap on the manager and turn it off.  Now reboot your phone.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

I have a LGStylo 3. My husband has a different phone. My brother and his wife have a different phone. They are all relatively new from earlier this year. I call customer support because our wifi disables after five minutes of connecting. We literally have to reconnect every 5 minutes. And yet, Cricket can do nothing but give us free phones. How about you stop selling phones with issues?! Some of us have jobs, and families. We can just drive up to the Cricket store or usps whenever we want. How about YOU value your customer who has been with you for 5 plus years! Completely ridiculous. I am very dissatisfied with you Cricket. As soon as I am able i will leave.
0 Kudos
citapinc
Pippa

Tiffbragg93, did you follow my instructions above and disable the Cricket Wifi Manager?  Once I did that on all 6 of our phones the WIFI has been working perfectly.

0 Kudos

I found the Cricket Wi-Fi Manager doing the same thing to my connection.  I unchecked the checkbox that allowed the C. Wi-Fi Manager to manage my networks, and that stopped the Phone from constantly dropping my wifi.

With the latest update to their software, it seems that the manager has gotten a little too finicky about signal strength, and switches to LTE at the drop of a hat.

0 Kudos
ldadams333
Caroline

I upgraded 2months ago from LG stylus 2 to the 3 paid $149 plus upgrade fee. It will not stay connected to WiFi. I even sent my phone back and cricket sent me a new phone. Still having the same problem. Had a software update on 9/4 and it worked for a few days. Then another software update on 9/10 again it worked for a few days. I'm sick of not being qble to stay on my home wifi. Ive used my data because of this situation and now Im on slow data. I do not think I should have to purchase unlimited data just to use my phone at my home where I pay for wifi. Cricket this new software sucks and you need to fix this problem or give me unlimited data for what I have been paying for the last 2 years
0 Kudos
ldadams333
Caroline

Ive had this LG Stylus 3 for 2 months now when I upgraded. Ive never been able to stay connected to wifi since. Cricket replaced my phone last month but that didnt help. Ive had 2 software updates this month and when I do the update the wifi will stay connected here at my house for a few days. Ive used all my data cuz of this issue. This new software will not let me stay connected to my home wifi. Im not paying for unlimited data thru cricket when i pay for wifi at home. That's not fair. Crickey you need to fix this problem. Im very upset
0 Kudos
citapinc
Pippa

Caroline, just disable the WiFi Manager like I've been saying and your WiFi problem will go away.

0 Kudos