cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wifi Calling Doesn't Turn On Easily

I live in an area where my cell coverage is little to none in my house.  I purchased 2 Moto e5 Supra phones and got wifi calling enabled on my account and setup e911.  After trying to get it to work for 3 days and over 5 hours of calls with support it still didn't work.  I brought the phones into a Cricket owned store and they tried for over 3 hours and finally got it to work.  It magically started working on both phones.  The thought was if you disable wifi calling shut the phone down then start it back up and then enable wifi calling.  BUT that still isn't working now.

There must be a software problem with this phone and it is REALLY frustrating.  Cricket phone support is quite incompetent, they tried telling me to contact Motorolla but the manufacturer said this particular feature is a software feature installed by Cricket and not by the manufacturer.  It is the typical hot potato pass the buck.  Now I'm past the 7 day return window.  What a nightmare.  Is there anyone competent at Cricket?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Moderator Rank

Re: Wifi Calling Doesn't Turn On Easily

Hello. We ask that you please contact us through our national Facebook or Twitter page and private message us so we can assist how we can with your Wi-Fi calling issue. We are more than happy to help out.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with the same phone.  I also bought the Moto E5 Supra for many reasons including the wifi calling, as I also have no cell coverage at my home.  It worked great till Sunday, literally 5 days, then stopped.  Now it won't start working again, which is very disappointing.  I still like the phone, but this is upsetting.  Any suggestions.

0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem with the same phone for the same reason.  No cell coverage at home.  The Moto E5 Supra's wifi calling worked fine till Sunday, literally 5 days, and now won't work at all.  Very disappointing.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Moderator Rank

Hey there! We ask that you also reach out to us on our national Facebook or Twitter page to allow us to assist with your Wi-Fi Calling.

0 Kudos

Same issue with Moto e5 Supra.  Wi-fi calling worked, now it is totally intermittent after a few days.  Very frustrating as this feature was the single reason the phone was procured.  I have called for resolution but not yet come to a resolution.  Hopefully this will be fixed with a software adjustment.

0 Kudos