Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stuck-w-Cricket
Award Winning Star

Wifi calling won't activate

Jump to solution
TLDR: Wifi calling won't activate, basic troubleshooting done, Cricket support useless. Please help!
(I know this is a duplicate post, but Cricket at it's finest wouldn't let me post it initially where it belonged without having something in the welcome board...ugh)
Hello, reaching out here as I'm at wit's end with Cricket and this Wi-Fi calling issue. Background, initially signed up for Cricket with an unlocked S6 about 4 years ago. By rule that phone couldn't get wifi calling because it wasn't Cricket branded. Fair enough. June 5, I upgraded my phone to a Cricket branded S10. Tried to set up wifi calling and can only get a green and blue loading circle for about five minutes, then "please try to set up wifi calling again later" is what pops up next. My device has had several updates, and each time it is always the same. I've tried in no less than 4 different places with a strong wifi signal but to no avail. Cricket "support" operators have either blamed the wifi providers, told me to call 911 to register my emergency address, or just disconnect the chat entirely. The advanced support like to call my phone that has no signal, or my alternative number at a time I don't have access to it. The one time I could have spoken to them when they did follow instructions they let it ring three times before hanging up. Going to a store ended up with the associates starting their own chat and doing this all over again. Has anyone had a similar issue and a fix that works? I'm pretty sure my IMEI needs to be provisioned, but trying to explain that to support is futile. I'm unfortunately stuck with Cricket since I payed $700 for a locked cricket phone and feel like I was scammed with this supposed feature.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wifi calling won't activate

Jump to solution

@Stuck-w-Cricket After seeing your post, I decided to check our systems to see if you had an active case with Cricket. Through your case via Facebook, we were able to see a discussion you had with an agent where he informed you that you need a new nano sim card to add the requested functionality on your device. No problem, we had an agent overnight a new SIM card to you. It should  be arriving today. Please check your Facebook messenger for additional instructions to activate the SIM and align the IMEI numbers. Thanks for being a Cricket customer and I hope that this helps. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies

Jump to solution

@Stuck-w-Cricket Please reach out to our support team via Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or twitter (@cricketsupport) for assistance. 

Thanks

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
Spudman9510
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
Not sure if it will help or not. Try putting your phone in airplane mode, then try to activate wifi calling. If you do get it to work you will notice a little plus sign in the upper right corner of your wifi signal. Hope you can get it working
0 Kudos
Stuck-w-Cricket
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
Hi, I did try that initially when researching this issue, but it didn't work unfortunately. Thanks for offering a different solution that Cricket hadn't suggested though. And contacting that FB chat link seems to be more of the same. Maybe I'll try to get the stars to align for another advanced IT chat when I work up my patience reserves, but for now the issue still persists.
0 Kudos
Spudman9510
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
Sorry that it didn't work. The next thing that I can think of is doing a factory reset. Not sure of what else to try at this moment. I had an issue with not getting the new android pie and one ui update, I had to end up installing it my self using Odin after finding the right version for my phone and downloading. Hopefully you can get you issue resolved soon
0 Kudos
Spudman9510
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
"It's going to be an IMEI mismatch for sure. With IMEI mismatch, WiFi-Calling generally won't enable. Call 611 and have them check everything. Have them update the IMEI number on the network side and ensure provisioning is correct."

Found this on at&t site since cricket is owned by at&t, it might help, not sure if you or cricket as tried this yet.
0 Kudos
Stuck-w-Cricket
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
Thanks Spudman, I feared as much and have already asked a couple of people to make sure that my IMEI isn't mismatched. They just won't reprovision my number for whatever reason saying everything is fine on their end....
0 Kudos
Stuck-w-Cricket
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
Update: Still having no luck getting Cricket to do this. Their "advanced support" keeps calling whenever they feel like, instead of sticking to stated times or within 24hrs of creating a ticket. At this point I'm counting down days until my 6 month service is reached to get my unlock code and go somewhere else. This is outrageous.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Stuck-w-Cricket After seeing your post, I decided to check our systems to see if you had an active case with Cricket. Through your case via Facebook, we were able to see a discussion you had with an agent where he informed you that you need a new nano sim card to add the requested functionality on your device. No problem, we had an agent overnight a new SIM card to you. It should  be arriving today. Please check your Facebook messenger for additional instructions to activate the SIM and align the IMEI numbers. Thanks for being a Cricket customer and I hope that this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Stuck-w-Cricket
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution
If437G, in theory that would be helpful if I would have recieved the new sim card. Unfortunately there seems to be an error with the delivery, and I have no ability to manage it due to "restrictions by shipper." I've notified the Cricket support chat about the problem but seems like my messages are just being ignored at this point. Also, this would have been a lot better experience for me had this solution been accepted as a possible fix the very first time I contacted support on 6/5 and explicitly asked if a new sim was needed since I was using one from before the merger with AT&T.
0 Kudos