cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i text message through my computer

Jump to solution

When I was with AT&T, I was able to text message through my work computer without lifting my phone. does Cricket have the same option.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: can i text message through my computer

Jump to solution

Hello @jessicalevine

At this time there is not an option to send a text from your Cricket phone number through your computer. However, if you're trying to message a Cricket customer via e-mail sms/mms you can use this format: 10-digit-number@mms.cricketwireless.net

Thanks!

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @jessicalevine

At this time there is not an option to send a text from your Cricket phone number through your computer. However, if you're trying to message a Cricket customer via e-mail sms/mms you can use this format: 10-digit-number@mms.cricketwireless.net

Thanks!

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

Kris
Fan

Jump to solution

I tried this format in the past and it didnt go through. This format did work when Cricket was AIO. also verizon uses one format for text and a different on for pictures, what can you use the mms format for?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Kris The provided format can be used for both mms and sms messages.

0 Kudos
mikep35
Extra

Jump to solution

web interfaces seem to be what separate the primary service carriers (like AT&T), and their 2nd class pay go cussons (like Cricket), but Cricket is a LOT cheaper.

If you have an Android phone, you can link your computer and your PC via https://messages.google.com/web Although, you phone and your computer have to be near each other. 

Sending text messages via email is always hit or miss (even if you know which service your recipient is using. 

0 Kudos