cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

HTC One M9 Software Update

Jump to solution

I currently am running Android 6.0 (3.38.502.41) on my HTC One M9. From what I can tell online, I should be able to move to Android 7.0. When I go to Settings and then AT&T software updates. Yes, it actually says AT&T software updates. I only say that because I have tried calling Cricket, HTC and AT&T. Anyway, when I select AT&T software updates, it says no updates available. Is there a way to get Android 7.0 on my phone?  It is an AT&T branded phone.

0 Kudos
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: HTC One M9 Software Update

Jump to solution

@yatesbros 

Thank you for reaching out.  In order for the device to receive the proper software update, it will need to be connected to the At&t network.  This can be done by inserting an At&t sim card into the device and completing the update. This is because the device was originated for At&t and is not a Cricket device.  

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@yatesbros If you know anyone who has AT&T you can just put their sim in your phone, process the update, and then put yours back in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @yatesbros, we suggest visiting your local AT&T store and ask them to place a test SIM into your device to complete the update if you do not have a friend/family member that has their service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestions. I will find some time to stop by an AT&T store.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@yatesbros 

Thank you for reaching out.  In order for the device to receive the proper software update, it will need to be connected to the At&t network.  This can be done by inserting an At&t sim card into the device and completing the update. This is because the device was originated for At&t and is not a Cricket device.  

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

But in order to do that, I would need to pay for an AT&T plan?  And I guess I would have to stop my Cricket plan?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@yatesbros If you know anyone who has AT&T you can just put their sim in your phone, process the update, and then put yours back in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @yatesbros, we suggest visiting your local AT&T store and ask them to place a test SIM into your device to complete the update if you do not have a friend/family member that has their service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestions. I will find some time to stop by an AT&T store.

0 Kudos