cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-use a number from an account that was previously cancelled.

Jump to solution

A few months ago I called Cricket because I had to change my plan ( I had 3 lines). Cricket suggested I split my account into 2 separate accounts. Account A with one phone number and account B with 2 phone lines. Unfortunately, they did not do things correctly for account B and that was canceled. As I am not a frequent user of the account, things went unnoticed for over a month. When I called back, the supervisor ( after many conversations with Level 1 support which unfortunately were very badly trained and un prepared) understood what was going on and started working on the case committing that he would fix the problem and retrieve the lines within 1 hour despite the fact that the cancellation happened over 30 days.  He also swore that everything was documented in my account. When I called back, after a couple of hours, the new rep was unable to find the notes, gave me a completely different story which resulted in zero actions. How can a company treat its customers like this? Note that the numbers still belong to Cricket and they have not been assigned to anybody else. I work in Telcomm and I understand the system very well. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to re-use a number from an account that was previously cancelled.

Jump to solution

Hello @veronese

Unfortunately, if a number is cancelled for 30 days or more it is not retrievable. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: How to re-use a number from an account that was previously cancelled.

Jump to solution

Hello @veronese

Unfortunately, if a number is cancelled for 30 days or more it is not retrievable. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.