cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phone number duplicate

Jump to solution
I received a text this morning for a service I didn’t sign up for thanking me for signing up for their program. There was a link, and the usual text Help or Stop.

I texted help a couple times and got repeat messages then sent stop to opt out. Within the next couple of hours I received a call from someone saying my number had called them.

I didn’t and never we had. They didn’t phish for info or anything else. Is this a weird coincidence or a scam I’m unaware of, will I be needing to change my number?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Phone number duplicate

Jump to solution

Hello @amdepe2! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. This does sound like an attempt to spoof your number and possibly gain access to your information. We recommend not check with your accounts to confirm any recent activity or transactions. We are happy to check your Cricket account. To do so, please feel free to reach out to our Cricket Wireless Support team via Facebook or Twitter for further assistance. 

Going forward, we recommend that if you are unfamiliar with any text messages or emails, that you not click on them as it can be an attempt to access your information. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @amdepe2! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post. This does sound like an attempt to spoof your number and possibly gain access to your information. We recommend not check with your accounts to confirm any recent activity or transactions. We are happy to check your Cricket account. To do so, please feel free to reach out to our Cricket Wireless Support team via Facebook or Twitter for further assistance. 

Going forward, we recommend that if you are unfamiliar with any text messages or emails, that you not click on them as it can be an attempt to access your information. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superstar

Jump to solution

Scam! They spoof numbers. I get calls asking why I called them. Text messages with links,etc.

My phone lights bright red to warn of a scam call or text and I push yes it is then blocked and reported to Google data base. 

0 Kudos