cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good4u
Extra

Slow speed compared to At&t

I am a new Cricket customer and am rather disappointed. I have the unlimited extra plan. I previously was on At&t's unlimited plan and brought my phone from there. My speed seems much slower, I can hardly play a YouTube video without buffering. Is this just the way it is or is there something I can do to increase it? Is it possible I might have faster speeds on a limited plan?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Slow speed compared to At&t

@Good4u Sorry to hear that the service speeds are not working as usual. We are currently working on making improvements on our network and getting ready for 5G on our towers, so that when we are ready to release this it will be ready. If you can message us on Facebook or Twitter we will be happy to check your address to see if there are any maintenance being doe in your area.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos

@Good4u The $55 plan is limited to 3 Mbps. The $60 doesn't have a limit but may also be slower than AT&T due to prioritization. I've seen some people get up to 70 Mbps on that plan though.

0 Kudos
mzamot
Paparazzi

It's because videos are transcoded to DVD quality and limited to 1.5 mbps, that adds to the buffering.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shermano
Extra

Yeah right -- thought us crickets were DUMBED DOWN to max out at 8 mbps or full paying ATT customers be pissed.

My concern is OUTAGES: Northern California fire dangers necessitated PG&E shutting down power & after about a day AT&T /Cricket cell phone towers (and most everybody else except for Verizon) were down, off, shut, dark -- dangerous, not good. Will this situation be fixed???
0 Kudos