cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgrade fee Rip off

Why does cricket not address the unfair treatment of their current customers? New customers can get their activation fee waived online. Current customers can't get the upgrade fee waived online though. I chatted with someone online and asked her 4 times what exactly the upgrade fee was before she even tried to answer me. It is pathetic. I just signed my teenagers up with Tello phone service. And if it as good as it sounds we will all be switching. Cricket needs to realize that they are no longer the only no contract option around.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade fee Rip off

Im pretty sure that all prepaid companies with a retail presence have "activation" fees.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fan

I never heard of an activation fee for prepaid services .

I know for a fact the att does not,  and if my memory is correct, I do not think tracfone or net10 have any activation fees for prepaid services.

I   'was' considering moving from att to cricket, because Tom's said cricket has the best customer service.

But I just saw in another post, a cricket employee was referring (a lot of posts) persons who cannot make make or receive voice calls, to go to Facebook or Twitter for assistance !

"I would never"  go there !

Well  BAD on me for believing Tom's.

( I cannot believe such 'crud' refer paying customers to Social media, instead of fixing their problems themselves)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

AT&T owns Cricket so I'm pretty sure they have a similar fee structure. Even if they don't, Cricket is prepaid while AT&T is a contract service. If AT&T doesn't have activation fees its because it has the customer locked in for at least 2 years. 

Tracfone and net10 don't own their own stores and probably don't have the strength in network that Cricket has. 

Cricket asks customers to go to social media because they don't want to ask account questions through a public forum. They can do a better and safer job of securing and validating information through those channels. They have also explained that in numerous posts. 

I cant believe you would refer to people as crud... I'm sure that's a good way to get people to help. 

Highlighted
Superstar

You always have the option to buy your own device from outside of Cricket and put your SIM card in. I feel like if they stop charging upgrade fees, rate plans would probably go up over time because they still need revenue.