cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
A-List Star

Upgrade

Customer for 5 years now. I want to buy the iPhone 6S.

New customer.........$199.99

Loyal for 5 years......$199.99 + $25 upgrade fee.

Then today I get a text from Cricket. As a loyal customer, we want to show our appreciation.

Here's FREE extra data for the remainder of you current billing cycle. REALLY??? 9 days extra data added to the data I don't use fully as it is.

If you truly APPRECIATE LOYALTY....give us a genuine reward. Lower phone prices than new customers and FREE upgrades if it's been longer than 90 days.

Ticked-off in Tucson

Tags (2)
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade

Hey there @tsku! Welcome to our Cricket Community Forum and thank you for your post! As of right now, all customers have the $25 upgrade fee. However, we will be sure to pass your feedback over to our team. 

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
A-List Star

Well cricket isnt winning over their loyal customers that have been with their service for years.

Not when I can get one of the newest smartphones from a competitor fro free just pay the activation fee.

Cricket needs to re-evaluate their policies for loyal customers because I am taking a closer look of going somewhere else to get more for less.

Cricket is the one who will eventually lose out.

Born68  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar

This is how pretty much ALL companies lure in new customers. There was most likely a reason why you chose Cricket over a competitor at some point. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fan

Re:

Goodbye Cricket. The last six years have been great. Thank you for reliable, affotdable service, however, after 8 years its time to upgrade phone and you are only interested in acquiring new customers. Brought my phone with me when I changed to Cricket 6 years ago. Sang your praises to any who would listen and never asked for referral reward.
I won't be back.
Its my policy to be loyal and have respect for my business partners and service providers. Of course I thought of you first when the time came for a new phone. Sadly, you are not thinking of me.
Best wishes and I hope you remain well.
A Former Customer

Highlighted
Award Winning Star

Re: Re:

I understand you, though unfortunately that's the way wireless market is. 

I like what the previous guy told about it: "There was most likely a reason why you chose Cricket over a competitor at some point."

On other companies, there are plenty of customers in the same situation. Loyalty is not rewarded as they would like. And new customers get the best deals. 

I assume it's because of their (company executives) interest in making the company grow. The wireless market is not focused on "having the best deal for current customers to stay, but having the best deal for new customers to come with me not with you".

Other companies reward better the current customers, I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure that if they do they also have a higher price on their plans. They need to recover that money somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree. I am so sick of cricket.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Well nothing has changed in a year. Cricket still doesn't care about their loyal customers.
0 Kudos