Question

Suddenly suspended newly bought phone

• 23 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all! A few hours ago I purchased the Cricket Icon 2 to replace a device that was incompatible with Mobile Hotspot. It’s worked well and hotspot works, but 30 minutes ago I suddenly got a message saying “This device is not eligible for activation on the Cricket network.” and then the line became suspended. This line is the main line in the account, and the second line on the account is still up and running.

How is it possible that a phone I bought straight from a Cricket store would not work or is not eligible for use in the store? Also, how is it possible that it works for a bit then suddenly decides it is not eligible?
Thanks anyone in advance!

4 replies

I purchased a SIM and data only for a Hot Spot device at a Cricket store. I used the IMIE checker to verify an older Android device, which the checker said it would work. This older device was temporary until the Netgear AC 797 arrived. I set the old android up in hotspot only mode and it worked with my security cameras at a remote location. The cameras dropped off and now the things that were being protected by the cameras are no longer protected. My account was paid up till Feb 10 and I had 17GB of data left. It worked great for 12 days, then just stopped, my account was suspended. I paid next months bill and a $5 reaction fee, but still suspended. I swapped the SIM into the new 4G Hot Spot after the Cricket checker said the new HotSpot would work. Well, it did not work. I went through the activation wizard in hopes that would work and it would tell me my new HotSpot needed a data only plan, which it most certainly already does according to mycricket. I paid another $5 with a different credit card and my account is still suspended. It says I can make plan changes and call 911 while suspended. I was going to up my plan, but it want let me make changes because my account is suspended. I put the SIM back in the older Android and tried the activation wizard, and the error is something along the lines of " your device does not support HD voice" , I am not sure why my Data Only plan is worried about HD voice when my plan does not include voice.

So I am using devices that pass the IMIE checker, I have made several future payments since my account was already up to date. It's telling me I need a data only plan for the AC797, which the 20GB hotspot plan is just that. The Cricket management system constantly contradicts itself. 

Bottom line, the security of my belongings are compromised due to the lack of due diligence.. Sounds like they need to do a lot more testing in there Dev environment before modifying Production. I just can't believe they do not have 24/7 support!?!? What is up with that?!?!

My two cents!

Hopefully we will get an answer at 10AM. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @nibbles_517 We would like to look into this issue further for you. Please reach out to our support team on Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or Twitter (@cricketsupport) with the details of your issue, your wireless number and full name on the account.

Yes. The same problem of a suspended account. I've had cricket for years…

I changed to a different unlocked cell about 7months ago... Today, my cell fell and the screen cracked. No problem, I think, I'll just go back to my previous cell. I placed my SIM in my previous phone and that's when the "circus" began for me.… Service suspended!

Hi @nibbles_517 We would like to look into this issue further for you. Please reach out to our support team on Facebook (m.me/cricketwireless) or Twitter (@cricketsupport) with the details of your issue, your wireless number and full name on the account.

And here is the most and only response anyone will ever receive from so called "Cricketsupport"... completely useless!