cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fan

Over charging customers

Cricket is over charging customers. I had to pay $75 for a $60 a month plan just to keep my service going. And I’m a truck driver and I was discontinued when I already had paid my full amount
3 Replies

Re: Over charging customers

Hey there! We appreciate you joining our community and posting on our site! Your monthly bill total will depend on the plan and features you have on your line. If you would like us to review your billing please reach out to us on twitter (@Cricketsupport) or message us on Facebook (m.me/cricketnation).

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

$3 TO BE PAID EVERTIME I PAY OVER THE PHONE!!! AND ITS ANIMATED!!!!...PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD BEFORE I DUMP THIS CRICKET WHOM IVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR YEARS!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

On a related note, I have a friend who has been paying $70/mo ($65/mo with auto pay) for at least 10 months. For the exact same plan, I've been paying $60/mo ($55/mo with auto pay). That means my friend has been overpaying by $10 per month for at least 10 months.

Why were we paying different rates even though we were receiving the same service? Because last year when calling to inquire about an add-on feature, a Cricket rep told me plans were changed so that every customer, including those who pay $60/mo ($55 auto) gets an unlimited plan with no slowdowns. So had I been paying $70/mo like my friend, Cricket would have never told me about the change, and I would have been overpaying $10/mo like my friend.

When my friend chatted online with a Cricket rep to see if the rep could credit the account $10/mo back to the point when the plans changed (retro credit), the rep disconnected from the chat. My friend reconnected and chatted with another rep, who said he couldn't authorize any credits. They mutually disconnected. All the while, my friend, who had called Cricket before connecting to chat, was still holding on the phone waiting for well over an hour, Finally, Cricket answered, and the phone rep said there was nothing she could do. My friend asked to speak to a supervisor.

She spoke with the supervisor, who was absolutely inflexible and did not agree to give my friend the credit. When my friend asked to speak to the supervisor's supervisor, she said the call could go no further. So now my friend has to write to the corporate office to get money back that Cricket stole from her. Who knows if that will do any good, but I assure you that this doesn't end here.

If there's anyone else reading this who had a similar experience, I'd love to hear about it. My guess, however, is that most people either (a) don't know they're being ripped off, (b) don't question it, or (c) don't want to take the time to fight with Cricket to get their money back.

I used to recommend Cricket to people. Not only will I not do that anymore, I'm gong to vigilantly tell people to avoid the company like the plague, and I'll most likely switch to another mobile carrier because of this.

0 Kudos