cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Location of saved visual voicemail messages please -- can't access app after ported number away from

Jump to solution
Could anyone please tell me, do undeleted visual voicemail messages, especially ones that the user has designated for the app to save, get stored on the phone (in this case Android 7.0, a moto G5 Plus)? And ideally the location / path.
I recently increasingly have been in a location with relatively poor signal strength such that I often found out about a call only after receiving a voicemail message if the caller left one. I opened a service ticket only eventually to be told that the problem has nothing to do with signal.
I however noticed the same problem with a different phone that also uses the AT&T signal, so idecided if even only as an experiment, to try putting the number away to difference cellular company. I ported the number earlier today.
I wanted to access voicemail and I discovered that the visual voicemail app is specific to cricket, and a rep at cricket tech support stated that the messages for a ported away phone number will already have been deleted (not the case though he said if someone's line has been cancelled temporarily for non-payment or at the customer request).
Does anyone please have ideas of how to obtain at least the visual voicemail messages that I had saved in the app? Ideally that the saved ones are stored locally on the phone, and if so ideally provide me with the locatio. thank you--and (as those in a position to answer this particular question probably already know, but I mention for this bus for use) if you ever shift away from cricket or simply want a better backup of saved voicemail messages I suggest first exporting them rather than relying on the saved feature alone.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Rank

Re: Location of saved visual voicemail messages please -- can't access app after ported number away

Jump to solution

Hello @FormerTreoUser,

Thank you for your post. Unless you saved the voicemail messages to your phone separately they would not be stored on the device. When you change service providers you would lose any voicemail messages in your voicemail mailbox. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Moderator Rank

Re: Location of saved visual voicemail messages please -- can't access app after ported number away

Jump to solution

Hello @FormerTreoUser,

Thank you for your post. Unless you saved the voicemail messages to your phone separately they would not be stored on the device. When you change service providers you would lose any voicemail messages in your voicemail mailbox. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Thanks, including for replying so soon.
0 Kudos