Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrsfelse
Extra

Port Out Scam

Jump to solution

I’m also a victim of this port out scam. My phone # was disconnected and ported out without my knowledge on September 13th. I have been calling Cricket everyday for over a month now and am getting nowhere. The customer service reps are rude and uncaring. I was without service for six days without knowing it and all they were willing to do is give me a new phone #, but I had to pay for a new SIM card and activation fees (I had to go to the Cricket store every day to call customer service until they gave me a temporary #). This is totally unacceptable. They don’t seem to be taking this situation seriously. It’s all about the money. I just want MY phone # back, the one that I’ve had for thirty years and brought with me when I signed up with Cricket. Fortunately the other #’s on my account weren’t affected which is good, but I’m the account holder and the one that pays the bill. Where’s the service that I’m paying for? They opened a ticket and I was told this was a priority. They kept saying 2-3 business days, 3-5 business days, 5-7 business days, etc. Now they’re saying  they can’t give me any kind of ETA, but “it’s out for dispatch” and someone will call me back. Out for dispatch? I was a dispatcher and to me that means they haven’t even started working on it yet. It’s now been over a month and still no one has called me back. It’s all about the money. Every time I call customer service, I’m reminded of the amount I paid the month before and what I’ll owe for the next bill. I stopped the autopay, because I don’t trust they’re security now and am afraid of identity theft. I went into a Cricket store to pay my bill before it was due and OMG, they charged me a $3.00 fee. I’m a senior citizen on a fixed income and always pay my bills more then on time, so that I don’t have to pay any extra fees. Also when I was in the store, a man came in that had just bought an AT&T prepaid phone. Two days later, his phone # was ported out without his knowledge. He was told he had to go to an AT&T store, buy a new SIM card and pay the $30.00 he paid two days prior to get a new phone # and a months service that he had just paid. From all I’m seeing on this, It looks like this scam i nationwide and needs to be stopped. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Port Out Scam

Jump to solution

@mrsfelse  This is Cricket Wireless, I will be sending you a private message to get the case number for you. Please be on the look out for the private message.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

@mrsfelse  This is Cricket Wireless, I will be sending you a private message to get the case number for you. Please be on the look out for the private message.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

portorl
Extra

Jump to solution

Same exact thing happened to me.  I had to get the number back myself.  Cricket was no help at all.  They don't seem to have good procedures to stop these port thieves.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am Having the same Problem: Not getting Much Help... The case ID is 1911151386351 

I Have Fraud charges on my PayPal account, They opened a Samsung pay account, I have been e-mailed receipts from Walmart. I did NOT authorize the Port, I would Like my Number back.

I need someone to help me.

*Transaction ID: 9L478290W2162902C

*Transaction ID: 9CH19381LF5607806

*Transaction ID: 0VH62855DM700704T

*You added PayPal to Samsung Pay   (NO I DIDN'T)

Now My Daughter cannot even text me to pick her up from school when she is done. 

0 Kudos